Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Virginia Housing Capacity Building Grant Tier 3 - Program Enhancement & Evaluation
REACH Virginia FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Virginia Housing reinvests a portion of our net revenues into Virginia’s communities through REACH Virginia (Resources Enabling Affordable Community Housing in Virginia). This is a multifaceted resource that Virginia Housing uses to support vital housing initiatives through our Homeownership, Rental and Community Outreach programs.
The intent of the Tier 3 Capacity Building Grant - Program Enhancement & Evaluation is to fund non-profit organizations seeking to enhance a current program to result in better outcomes.
- Organizations must be physically located in Virginia.
- The organization cannot be an emerging organization. The organization must have:
The organization must carry out at least one of the following housing-related mission:
- At a minimum, five years of operations.
- Engaged leadership, staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal soundness and measurable program outcomes.
The organization must align with Virginia Housing’s mission of Helping Virginians Attain Quality, Affordable Housing, and VHDA's Strategic Direction.
- Creating economically integrated and inclusive housing opportunities including affordable housing, workforce housing, mixed-income housing, and/or community-based housing options for people with disabilities and/or
- Planning and Community Development to include significant attention to housing planning needs throughout Virginia, and/or
- Providing services and/or educational opportunities in order to further affordable housing.
Approved agencies must comply with the Virginia Housing Capacity Building Handbook. Click the document below for a detailed explanation of the scope, disbursement, and reporting requirements.
This program is an eighteen (18) month intensive process where organizations will analyze up to three existing programs and take a deep dive evaluating the inefficiencies of and improving one program. Working with a Virginia Housing-approved consultant, organizations will evaluate program outcomes, identify and implement technology solutions; and receive an action plan to address other programs.
Agencies seeking funding should apply to Virginia Housing’s Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) using VHDA’s Grants Management System at https://vhdagrants.com/. For questions concerning this program or assistance with application submission, contact Frank Curbeira, Strategic Housing Officer, at (804) 343-5818.
Interested applicants must submit a Pre-Application by February 28. Virginia Housing will select up to four (4) applicants to work with the Program Enhancement Consultants to complete the full application prior to April 30.
- Proposed Budget - Maximum request allowed is $172,000.00 (up to $100,000 for eligible agency expenses and $72,000 for the three consultants). Awards are based on the availability of VHDA funding.
- Agency authorized official certification
- Organizational Chart
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Prior year's audited financial statements, prior year's reviewed financial statements, or two years of financial statements
- Travel policy
- Program Enhancement Engagement Certification
- Virginia Housing Tier II Post-assessment or completed assessments from 5 parties (two board members, two senior staff, and another person). Assessments may be completed online at Assessment.
Funds will be awarded based on an assessment of the agency’s application and the availability of VHDA funds.
Selected agencies will receive a Grant Award Notification (GAN) and a Grant Agreement if approved for funds under the award. Agencies must return the signature page of the Grant Agreement to Virginia Housing with signature by an authorized representative.
All applicants have the option to submit a request at Grants@Virginia Housing.com for a debriefing within thirty (30) days of approval or denial.
Funding Announcement: November 2020
Deadline: Pre-application closes February 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Recorded Webinar Training: TBD
Award Announcements: TBD